With Pyrex RSST and my Smok eGo lost, I figured to try a Kayfun style RBA for its efficiency, general lack of leaks and lack of wasteful condensation.
Nice amount of extras including a fill screw screwdriver, and even 2 spare wicks and wires- 1 SS mesh and 1 Silica. The wire I’ll guess is nichrome 30-32g.
Interestingly enough it comes pre-built, albeit rather poorly given the design and its common out-of-box flaws like relatively poor wicking and/or leaking into and through the air hole.
It does light up nicely though.
So, my guess is that my initial fill caused a pressure-leak and from there I decided to go ahead and mini-overhaul and build it all up. As per suggestions, I added one small silicone O-ring to the bottom contact screw to prevent it ever touching the sides of its well and shorting everything out. Next came drying it all up and looking at the air control assembly, which was indeed quite a pain to unscrew initially. Had to use 2 lockable gripped pliers to even make it budge, but after the initial struggle everything came apart nicely.
Everything on the inside looked fine to me, so I went ahead and jammed another small O-ring around the positive post to make sure it would never touch the well. This should also help prevent any juice from leaking too far into the post’s well. After all that, bottom deck reassembly and testing to make sure the air holes didn’t get blocked while twisting it back together, I went ahead and built the coil.
Here I used my 2.5mm Ekowool with cotton center threads and 6 wraps of 28g nichrome that yielded 1.3 ohm resistance post-to-post.
And it produced pretty decent vapor.
Here I juiced the wick, tucked it inside as best I could and left a tiny little nubs in the bottoms of the juice slots and screwed the chimney on without the provided silicone O-ring. Put the tank on, opened the fill screw, and filled with syringe tip juice bottle using this method: fill with the air control completely closed down and holding the chimney hole with a finger, then screw the fill screw back on, flip everything upside down, open up the air control, and finally let go of the chimney opening.
No leaking now, and pretty solid juice flow thanks to the crazy ekowool.
Now it vapes very nicely and I suppose only time will tell whether or not it will leak again.
Fogger is pretty fun given that its small chamber wastes nothing and delivers pure flavor right off the bat. I can’t think of too much condensation building up and simply wasting away given its design, unlike the RSST.
Juice I got along with this guy is Jasmin Aloha e Juice from Eciggity, and it is very smooth and light. Tastes just like jasmine and that does the trick for me.
Last few words- I would recommend Kayfun style/Fogger RBAs to experienced builders only since making coils for this thing is a very delicate and precise process. You definitely get your effort’s worth, but its nowhere near as easy as Genesis styles like RSST.
Post day-and-a-half of vaping this thing, I can safely say that it IS very, very solid. After a new tank refill it worked just the same and didn’t even attempt to leak. So far, very solid as I have anticipated it to be.
Another thing I’d like to add is that from looking at the Kayfun Lite/Russian 91% designs and concepts, I prefer this more simple wicking method.